Superior Quality, Excellent Service!
Contact us for additional information or to explore partnership opportunities.
White Masterbatch has the characteristics of bright color, dazzling, high coloring strength, good dispersion, high concentration, good whiteness, strong covering power, good migration resistance and heat resistance. It is widely used in injection molding, blow molding, wire drawing, tape casting, extrusion, film blowing, foaming, sheet, pipe, pelletizing, hollow, EVA, bottle blowing, sheet, household appliances, toys, packaging materials, etc Wires and cables, plastic bags, automobiles, building materials, sports and leisure products, packaging bags, packaging bottles and other plastic products industries.
Today, Qingdao Sainuo polyethylene wax manufacturer takes you to know about White Masterbatch!
pe wax for masterbatch
Main technical specifications of White Masterbatch
1. Migration resistance (grade) [≥ 4]
2. Water content (%) [≤ 0.30]
3. Melting temperature (℃) [125 ～ 200]
4. Dispersibility of White Masterbatch: [colorless spot, stripe]
5. Light resistance (grade) [5-8]
6. The White Masterbatch is granular in appearance, with uniform particles and consistent color
7. Heat resistance (grade) [≥ 4]
8. Total color difference [≤ 1.50]
Theoretically speaking, the quality of White Masterbatch meeting the above technical indexes is good.
10 aspects to be considered in selecting White Masterbatch
The whiteness of white color masterbatch is mainly presented by titanium dioxide in the color masterbatch. There are many factors that affect the whiteness of titanium dioxide, including the size, shape and particle size distribution of titanium dioxide particles, the type and content of impurities, and the lattice defects of titanium dioxide particles.
generally speaking, because of the high purity of titanium dioxide and less impurities in the preparation process, the whiteness of titanium dioxide produced by chlorination method is better than that produced by sulfuric acid method.
In the real White Masterbatch Market, many White Masterbatch manufacturers pass off titanium dioxide by adding calcium carbonate, barium sulfate and zinc sulfide with the same ash content. In fact, the whiteness of these inorganic powders is incomparable with titanium dioxide.
2. Covering power
Covering power is also a very important index of White Masterbatch. Good covering power means that the pigment has strong coloring power, and the desired effect can be obtained with a small amount of additive.
The covering power of White Masterbatch depends on the selection and processing technology of titanium dioxide. Rutile titanium dioxide has smaller and closer unit lattice and higher refractive index than that of sharp titanium dioxide, so the covering force and UV resistance are obviously better than anatase.
For the same type of rutile titanium dioxide masterbatch, the particle size of titanium dioxide is small, the particle size distribution is narrow, the good dispersing power in the masterbatch is obviously wider than that of titanium dioxide, and the poor dispersing performance in the masterbatch is better.
Similarly, the covering power of common calcium carbonate, barium sulfate and zinc sulfide is incomparable with that of titanium dioxide.
The dispersion has an important influence on the application of titanium dioxide in plastics. Generally speaking, the finer the titanium dioxide particles are, the better the dispersion is, and the higher the coloring strength is. When the film needs fine printing, the White Masterbatch with excellent dispersion has better pattern clarity, layering and brightness, This is because the micro smoothness of the substrate is one of the decisive factors for the quality of the printed pattern.
4. Moisture content
The moisture content of White Masterbatch also plays an important role in the performance of masterbatch. Generally, the moisture content should be controlled below 1500ppm, and strictly below 600ppm.
In the injection molding process, the raw materials are usually dried before production. In the film production, customers buy it directly after premixed with the carrier. If the moisture content of masterbatch is high, it will directly lead to the film breaking, and there will also be the formation of small bubbles, "Crystal Point" and other defects on the film. The reasons for the high moisture content of white masterbatch are from the raw materials used in Masterbatch selection to the process.
Some film manufacturers will smell a strange smell after using White Masterbatch, which is absolutely not allowed in milk films and films in contact with food.
This is mainly due to the inappropriate coating additives or excessive addition of titanium dioxide in the organic treatment process of Color Masterbatch, or the problem of dispersant in the production process of masterbatch, the brand of white masterbatch can be replaced.
6. Hue selection
Due to the low reflectivity of rutile titanium dioxide in the violet region, rutile titanium dioxide has a "yellowish" tone. The "yellowish" tone will make the colored product feel "old" and reduce the brightness and layering of fine printing images, which is not popular among many White Masterbatch users.
However, after adding a small amount of fluorescent whitening agent into the titanium dioxide powder, the ultraviolet light with a wavelength of 300-400nm can be absorbed and converted into blue fluorescence with a wavelength of 400-500nm, which can make the White Masterbatch appear "blue phase". Users of white masterbatch can consider it according to their own needs.
The fluidity of white masterbatch can be expressed as melt index (MI). Low value, poor flow, high value, and good fluidity mean good processing performance, low machine torque and low power consumption.
When selecting White Masterbatch, users should not only require the masterbatch to have good fluidity but also pay attention to the compatibility of masterbatch and carrier resin in their own factory products. The general principle is that the MI of color masterbatch is higher than that of carrier resin.
8. Printing heat seal performance
In most cases, white film products need printing and heat sealing. If calcium carbonate is added in White Masterbatch, the clarity and brightness of printing pattern will be affected. Incorrect or excessive dispersant added in Masterbatch will also affect the heat sealing and printing performance.
9. Sun and weather resistance
White Masterbatch is generally required to have light resistance of 7-8, weather resistance of 4-5 and temperature resistance of 280 degrees. These requirements mainly depend on the quality of titanium dioxide. To achieve the above conditions, rutile titanium dioxide must be used.
10、ROHS and FDA
Heavy metal detection and food contact license is also an important indicator of White Masterbatch, because many white films will be used in food packaging, and it is necessary to pass the FDA food certification.
Precautions in using White Masterbatch
1. In order to reduce the color difference of fibers after color matching, the White Masterbatch should be diluted, and the mixing proportion should be controlled. The filament should not be less than 3% ~ 10%, and the staple fiber should not be less than 1% ~ 3%. The monochrome bulky continuous filament should be spun by three-color equipment. The White Masterbatch must be fed into the extruder after mixing. At the same time, in order to increase the mixing capacity of the melt, a mixing device can also be added to the extruder section.
2. After the color formula of the yarn is determined, the mixing method of white masterbatch is evenly distributed in polypropylene chips before spinning, which is the key to ensure the quality of the product. There are two kinds of concrete blending methods. The first is the heavy method and volumetric method. After melting the White Masterbatch in the extruder or the back, the small extruder is used to inject into the polypropylene melt, and the uniformity is very good.
3. When choosing White Masterbatch, it is necessary to select according to the selected range. The PP color masterbatch is divided into fine denier and coarse denier grade. The coarse denier Grade White Masterbatch color cannot be used for fine denier color matching. The number of single filament deniers of spinning fiber shall be considered in color matching, and the White Masterbatch of the same grade shall be selected.
4. The White Masterbatch should be the product of the same manufacturer. In order to reduce the cost, a high concentration White Masterbatch should be selected. White Masterbatch can be divided into high, medium and low-grade pigments. Different grades of White Masterbatch should be properly selected according to the quality requirements of fiber. In order to avoid the quality variation of finished fiber caused by different light and heat stabilities of pigments, the color of the White Masterbatch with the same light and heat stabilities should be selected to meet the fiber quality requirements.
Qingdao Sainuo Chemical Co.,Ltd. We are manufacturer for PE wax, PP wax, OPE wax, EVA wax, PEMA, EBS, Zinc/Calcium Stearate…. Our products have passed the REACH, ROHS, PAHS, FDA testing.
Sainuo rest assured wax, welcome your inquiry!
Adress：Room 2702,Block B, Suning Building, Jingkou Road, Licang District, Qingdao,China
Hello, please leave your name and email here before chat online so that we won't miss your message and contact you smoothly.