Superior Quality, Excellent Service!
Contact us for additional information or to explore partnership opportunities.
The color masterbatch is a plastic colorant composed of a high proportion of pigments or additives and thermoplastic resin. The selected resin has good wetting and dispersion effect on the colorant and good compatibility with the colored material. Today, Qingdao Sainuo pe wax manufacturer takes you to know about color masterbatch.
1. Precautions for operation of color masterbatch in injection molding machine
(1) The emergence of color masterbatch and large-scale use make products of various colors appear in our life. We only need to mix and stir with resin particles according to the specified ratio. The mixing of injection molding machine generally has multiple temperature areas. In order to make the color masterbatch melt quickly after entering the mixing chamber, the temperature near the blanking port should be slightly higher, so as to facilitate the mixing of plastic resin and color masterbatch as soon as possible, which is conducive to better dispersion of pigment in products.
(2) In the process of using color masterbatch, in addition to the quality of the product itself, our operation is also very important. If there are problems in the operation process, our finished products may be unqualified. Therefore, keep the above operation points in mind during operation to avoid problems.
2. Advantages of Color Masterbatch compared with toner
(1) It improves the environmental pollution caused by the flying toner. At present, the environmental protection problem is becoming more and more serious. The environmental protection work is more strict than before. The color masterbatch is a very good choice. It is easy to change color in the process of use, and there is no need to carry out special cleaning on the extruder hopper, which is more convenient.
(2) Strong pertinence and correct color matching. Because the color masterbatch weaving factory has reasonably selected pigments (dyes), additives, processing equipment and processing technology according to the performance of applicable resins in the manufacturing process, timely corrected and supplemented the color differences that may be caused by different batches of toners in the production process, and then inspected when leaving the factory, it can ensure the color masterbatch of the same brand, The color of the first and second batches remained relatively stable.
(3) Compared with making plastic parts after batch resin dry dyeing and granulation, the use of color masterbatch can reduce the changes of resin properties caused by secondary processing of plastic products, which is conducive to the improvement of the service life of plastic products.
(4) In the processing process, under the action of additives, the color masterbatch is fully combined with the carrier resin after full mixing. When in use, it is placed in the resin to be processed according to a certain proportion, and the color masterbatch quickly enters the role and blends with the resin. The compatibility is obviously better than that of toner coloring.
3. Precautions when using color masterbatch in spinning
(1) Color masterbatch is a product mixed with resin and pigment. Compared with ordinary pigments, it is healthier and has long adhesion, so it is often used in garment spinning. However, if the pigment is used improperly, it will lead to obvious color difference on the spinning cloth, which will not only affect the beauty, but also lead to poor quality. When you want to mix with the primary color slice, you should pay special attention to the problem of static electricity to avoid separating the color masterbatch, uneven color mixing and attaching it to the bucket wall of the material. Pay attention to the moisture content of the pigment. If the moisture content is high, the color content of the same pigment may fluctuate. Generally, the water content less than 0.3% will not affect the spinnability; The coloring attempt or dilution ratio shall be determined according to the luster of the fiber. The dilution ratio of pigments with different concentrations is also different. For high concentration pigments, due to the large dilution ratio, pay attention to the uniformity of fiber luster. It should be noted that the pigment may react with other additives in the spinning solution. First, the additive can not play the role of maintaining the physical and mechanical properties of the fiber, and second, it reduces the coloring effect of the pigment. When spinning, pay attention to the diffusion of color masterbatch. Sainuo's polyethylene wax 118W can solve this problem well.
4. Requirements for adding color masterbatch to polypropylene filament
(1) Heat resistance
Due to the different spinning processes of polypropylene fiber, the spinning temperature is 230-300 ℃, so the selected pigment must have excellent heat resistance. The classic pigment red 42:2 is widely used in polypropylene carpet silk. Attention should be paid to the phenomenon that it will lose crystal water at high spinning temperature and absorb water and change color repeatedly during storage.
When the color masterbatch is used for the dispersion of polypropylene fiber, it needs to consider: wire breakage in spinneret hole, tensile deformation and tensile wire breakage. Replacement frequency and service life of filter components. In particular, ultra-fine denier polypropylene fiber is a new variety developing towards the thinness of simulated silk and fabric, which puts forward higher requirements for pigment dispersion. Polypropylene Color Masterbatch uses the filter pressure rise to measure the dispersion quality of Color Masterbatch, which is called DF value. Generally, the DF value of polypropylene color masterbatch is required to be less than 1.0. Sainuo polyethylene wax and dispersant can well help color masterbatch customers.
(3) Weather resistance
Polypropylene fiber is the lightest fiber among common chemical fibers. It has almost no moisture absorption and high strength. The fabric is stable in size, wear resistance, good elasticity and good chemical stability. Therefore, it is widely used in sunshade cloth. Therefore, it is necessary to have good weather resistance. When selecting pigment varieties with good weather resistance, pay attention to selecting pigments with large particle size and adding appropriate antioxidants, Anti aging additives such as anti ultraviolet agent.
(4) Melt index
The melt index of color masterbatch for polypropylene filament is required to be 15-50g / 10min, the melt index of color masterbatch for spun bonded non-woven fabric is required to be 40-60g / 10min, and the melt index of color masterbatch for melt blown non-woven fabric is 800-1500g / 10mi n. 4.5-5.0g/1min. Therefore, when selecting color masterbatch, we should pay attention to whether its melt index can meet the melt index required by polypropylene filament.
(5) Moisture content
If the spinning speed of polypropylene filament is 600-800m / min, the moisture requirements for polypropylene resin and color masterbatch are not high. Such as one-step spinning, the spinning speed is as high as 2000-3000m / min, or even faster. The slightly high water content of Color Masterbatch often causes spinning abnormalities. Generally speaking, the water content of color masterbatch is required to be controlled at about 500mg / kg.
(6) Food grade
With the continuous enhancement of people's awareness of environmental protection, polypropylene color masterbatch is required not to contain a variety of heavy metal factors that restrict the use, and various pigments containing lead and cadmium must not be used, which meets the requirements of ecological textiles. Sano lubricant and dispersant meet the FDA test report.
5. Details to pay attention to when selecting color masterbatch
(1) The pigment selected for heat-resistant color masterbatch is basically required to withstand the temperature in the production process of polypropylene fiber and maintain its performance stability. The temperature resistance temperature is generally above 270 ~ 280 ℃. Sano 220 is a very useful dispersant with excellent temperature resistance.
(2) The pigment for dispersive masterbatch shall have excellent dispersibility and be evenly dispersed in the masterbatch, and the dispersant used will not reduce the quality of polypropylene fiber. Otherwise, it can not produce high-quality stock solution colored fibers, the operation is unstable, and it is easy to break or produce abnormal fibers when drawing fibers.
(3) Brightness polypropylene stock solution coloring has a variety of uses, including for bedspread base cloth and knitted fabrics, requiring bright colors. Because organic pigments are bright and easy to color, organic pigments should be used for the above purposes.
(4) Light fastness under the action of light, some pigments have photosensitive effect, which makes the colored fibers fade and brittle. The light fastness of pigments is basically related to their chemical structure. Therefore, when making color masterbatch, we should pay full attention to the light fastness of pigments. When light resistant pigments need to be used, we can consider adding ultraviolet absorbers.
(5) The pigment used in the stability masterbatch should have excellent stability to the color polypropylene fiber. That is, when the colored fiber polymer is exposed to heat, light or high temperature for a long time, the pigment will not react with the fiber to form new chemical groups, so that the performance of the polymer is low.
6. Role of color masterbatch in plastic products
Ordinary carbon black is made of polyethylene resin through high temperature and close training. Ordinary carbon black has strong adaptability and easy evacuation. It is applicable to general resin, film blowing, wire rod, pipe, plastic, plastic, wire drawing, etc. The function of color masterbatch is dyeing.
7. How to distinguish the quality of Color Masterbatch
(1) There are usually two kinds of particles, one is cylindrical and the other is oval. No matter which kind, the particles must be uniform, the particle size must be the same, and the surface must be smooth and free of burrs. The particles come from the basic processing technology, strip drawing and grain cutting. If the size is different and the surface is rough, it means that the processing technology of the color masterbatch itself is very problematic, so do not expect the dispersion of the color masterbatch product to have a good performance.
(2) With the market situation, the profit space of color masterbatch has been compressed again and again. At this time, we will find ways to reduce the cost. Adding mineral powder to the color masterbatch is a way. The influence of adding mineral powder on the addition of color masterbatch to plastic products, if a small amount is favorable, it can increase the rigidity, strength, heat resistance and size shrinkage of plastic products. The test ash content is generally less than 5%, which has a low impact on product quality, except for special requirements; If the content of calcium powder is too high, it is not appropriate.
(3) The higher the pigment concentration, the less the addition proportion and save the addition amount. However, the higher the pigment concentration, the higher the process requirements. For example, adding 45% of the pigment concentration to ordinary machines basically reaches the upper limit, but for better extruders (imported), the pigment can be added up to more than 50%, and the pigment dispersion can be done very well. Sainuo 619 can solve this problem well!
(4) With the same color and the same concentration, the coloring ability of different toners is different. Selecting color masterbatch with strong coloring power can reduce the amount of addition and reduce the cost. After years of research and accumulation, Sainuo has developed this 619, which has a good dispersing and brightening effect. It can also improve the flexibility of masterbatch and products.
(5) The better the dispersion of Color Masterbatch, the more uniform the color of the product. For ordinary injection molding products, the difference is not very big, but for very thin film blowing products, the difference is very obvious. The film products made of color masterbatch with good dispersion have no obvious defects on the surface; However, this difference is reflected in the surface colored spots, color lines and holes of film products prepared by ordinary color masterbatch. After years of research and accumulation, Sainuo has developed this 619 to solve the difficult dispersion and high concentration color masterbatch system.
Qingdao Sainuo Chemical Co., Ltd. We are manufacturer of PE wax, PP wax, OPE wax, EVA wax, PEMA, EBS, Zinc/Calcium Stearate…. Our products have passed the REACH, ROHS, PAHS, FDA testing.
Sainuo rest assured wax, welcome your inquiry!
Address：Room 2702,Block B, Suning Building, Jingkou Road, Licang District, Qingdao,China
Hello, please leave your name and email here before chat online so that we won't miss your message and contact you smoothly.