Superior Quality, Excellent Service!
Contact us for additional information or to explore partnership opportunities.
In the previous article, we introduced the types of lubricants: fatty acid amide lubricants. Today, in this article, Sainuo will continue to take you to learn about the other one types - hydrocarbon lubricants.
(1) Polyethylene wax: also known as low molecular weight polyethylene, white powder or flake, is a low degree polymerization product of ethylene. The relative density is 0.9~0.93, molecular weight is 1000~5000, and the softening point is 100~115 ℃. It has good mid to late stage lubricity and can act as an anti sticking agent. It is used as a pigment dispersant in color masterbatch processing, as a lubricant in PVC-U, and as a lubricant and release agent in PVC, PE, PP, ABS, PET, and PBT plastic molding. The general dosage is 0.1%~0.5%.
(2) Microcrystalline paraffin: white or slightly yellow flake or granular substance, with a solid relative density of 0.89~0.94, a liquid relative density of 0.78~0.81, a melting point of 70~90 ℃, soluble in non-polar solvents, insoluble in polar solvents. Thermal stability and lubricity are better than paraffin wax, but it will reduce the gel speed, so the dosage should not be too large. Non toxic, often used in combination with butyl stearate or higher fatty acids, for plastic lubricants. The general dosage is 0.1%~0.2%.
(3) Oxidized polyethylene wax: White powder or bead like solid, low molecular weight polyethylene containing carboxylic acid, and containing alcohols, ketones, and ester compounds. Due to oxidation, a certain number of polar groups such as carboxyl groups are generated on the alkane chain, which improves its compatibility with PVC, making it have good internal and external lubrication properties, and endowing the product with good transparency and luster. It is partially esterified with advanced fats or fatty acids, Alternatively, partial saponification with calcium hydroxide can result in derivatives with excellent internal and external lubrication properties. Mainly used in PVC, PE, PP, ABS, PBT, PET, etc. The dosage is 0.1%~1.0%.
(4) Liquid paraffin: Colorless transparent liquid, relative density 0.89, freezing point -35~-15 ℃, soluble in benzene, ether, carbon disulfide, slightly soluble in alcohols, with good thermal stability and lubricity. When used for processing PVC, PS and other resins, as an internal lubricant, it has poor compatibility with the resin. The addition amount is generally 0.3%~0.5%, but excessive amount can actually deteriorate the processing performance.
(5) Solid paraffin: White solid, relative density 0.9, melting point 57-60 ℃, insoluble in water, soluble in organic solvents such as gasoline, chloroform, carbon disulfide, xylene, ether, etc., slightly soluble in alcohols. It belongs to the category of external lubricants and can improve the surface gloss of products. It is a non-polar straight chain hydrocarbon and cannot wet the metal surface, which cannot prevent PVC from adhering to the metal wall. Only when used in combination with calcium stearate can synergistic effects be achieved, but its compatibility, dispersibility, and thermal stability are relatively poor. This product is non-toxic and is used for plastics such as PVC, PE, PP, PS, ABS, PBT, PET, and cellulose.
(6) Chlorinated paraffin: obtained by chlorinating paraffin. Odorless transparent liquid with chlorine content of 42%, 52%, 70%, and more. It has good compatibility with PVC and also acts as a plasticizer and flame retardant. However, its transparency is poor, and its dosage is below 0.3%. When used in combination with other plasticizers, the effect is good.
For more details, please consult us! inquiry
Qingdao Sainuo Group. We are manufacturer for PE wax, PP wax, OPE wax, EVA wax, PEMA,EBS,Zinc/Calcium Stearate…. Our products have passed the REACH, ROHS, PAHS, FDA testing.
Sainuo rest assured wax, welcome your inquiry!
Adress：Room 2702,Block B, Suning Building, Jingkou Road, Licang District, Qingdao, China
Hello, please leave your name and email here before chat online so that we won't miss your message and contact you smoothly.