Superior Quality, Excellent Service!
Contact us for additional information or to explore partnership opportunities.
When it comes to the use of wax, the first thing that comes to mind is that it can make candles, burn and help light. However, it has many uses that we don't know about. Today, we will briefly introduce the polyethylene wax and paraffin wax and their related differences.
Characteristics of polyethylene wax
Polyethylene wax, which is a kind of chemical material. The fineness of polyethylene wax is white small bead/flake, which is formed by ethylene polymerization rubber processing agent. It has the characteristics of high melting point, high hardness, high gloss, and snow-white color.
Characteristics of paraffin
Paraffin is a hydrocarbon mixture extracted from certain distillates of petroleum, shale oil or other asphalt mineral oil. Its main component is solid alkane, odorless and tasteless, and it is white or light yellow translucent solid. Paraffin wax is amorphous, but it has obvious crystal structure of anti-combustion hydraulic oil, and there is also artificial paraffin wax. Paraffin wax is divided into food grade (food grade and packaging grade, the former is superior) and industrial grade. Food grade is non-toxic and industrial grade is inedible.
How to distinguish polyethylene wax from paraffin wax
1. Different characteristics, epoxy paint curing agent as described above.
2. Different application fields
The main applications of polyethylene wax are:
1. Concentrated masterbatch and filling masterbatch. As a dispersant in the processing of color masterbatch, it is widely used in polyolefin color masterbatch. It has good compatibility with polyethylene, polyvinyl chloride, polypropylene and other resins, and has excellent external and internal lubrication effects.
2. PVC profiles, pipes and composite stabilizers are used as dispersants, lubricants and brighteners in the molding process of PVC profiles, pipes, pipe fittings and PE. PP to enhance the degree of plasticization and improve the toughness and surface smoothness of plastic products. They are widely used in the production of PVC composite stabilizers.
3. Ink has good light resistance and chemical properties. It can be used as the carrier of pigments, improve the wear resistance of paints and inks, improve the dispersion of pigments and fillers, and have good anti-settlement effect. It can be used as the smoothing agent of paints and inks, so that the products have good luster and three-dimensional feeling.4. Wax products are widely used in the production of floor wax, car wax, polishing wax, candles, crayons and other wax products to improve the softening point of wax products, increase their strength and surface gloss.
5. Cable material, as a lubricant for cable insulation material, can enhance the diffusion of filler, improve extrusion molding rate, increase mold flow, and facilitate demoulding.
6. Hot melt products. It is used as dispersant for various hot melt adhesives, thermosetting powder coatings, road marking paint, marking paint, and has good anti-settlement effect, and makes the products have good luster and three-dimensional sense.
7. As a rubber processing aid, it can enhance the diffusion of filler, improve extrusion molding rate, increase mold flow, facilitate demoulding, and improve the surface brightness and smoothness of the product after demoulding.
8. For cosmetics. Make the product have good luster and three-dimensional feeling.
9. Injection molding. Save the power and lubrication of the machine, and enhance the surface gloss of the product.
The main applications of paraffin wax
Due to its high oil content, crude paraffin wax is mainly used for making matches, fiberboard, canvas, etc. After adding polyolefin additives into paraffin wax, its melting point increases, adhesion and flexibility increase, and it is widely used in the production of moisture-proof and waterproof packaging paper, paperboard, surface coating of some textiles and candles. Fully refined paraffin and semi refined paraffin are widely used, mainly as components and packaging materials for food, oral medicine and some commodities (such as wax paper, crayons, candles, carbon paper), as well as coating materials for baking containers, for fruit preservation, insulation of electrical components, improvement of anti-aging resistance and flexibility of rubber, etc; It can also be used for oxidation to produce synthetic fatty acids.
For more details, please consult us!
Qingdao Sainuo Chemical Co.,Ltd. We are manufacturer for PE wax, PP wax, OPE wax, EVA wax, PEMA,EBS,Zinc/Calcium Stearate…. Our products have passed the REACH, ROHS, PAHS, FDA testing.
Sainuo rest assured wax, welcome your inquiry!
Adress：Room 2702,Block B, Suning Building, Jingkou Road, Licang District, Qingdao, China
Hello, please leave your name and email here before chat online so that we won't miss your message and contact you smoothly.