Superior Quality, Excellent Service!
Contact us for additional information or to explore partnership opportunities.
Polyethylene wax and paraffin wax are widely used in industrial production due to their excellent performance, but they are different. In this article, Qingdao Sainuo will briefly introduce the differences between polyethylene wax and paraffin wax.
1. Different characteristics
(1) Characteristics of polyethylene wax
Polyethylene wax is PE wax, which is a kind of chemical material. The color of polyethylene wax is white small bead/sheet, which is formed by ethylene polymerization rubber processing agent. It has the characteristics of high melting point, high hardness, high gloss, white color, etc.It is widely used because of its excellent cold resistance, heat resistance, chemical resistance and wear resistance. In normal production, this wax can be directly added to polyolefin processing as an additive, which can increase the luster and processing performance of the product. As a lubricant, its chemical properties are stable and its electrical properties are good. Polyethylene wax has good compatibility with polyethylene, polypropylene, polyvinyl acetate, ethylene propylene rubber and butyl rubber. It can improve the fluidity of polyethylene, polypropylene, ABS and the demoulding property of polymethyl methacrylate and polycarbonate. For PVC and other external lubricants, polyethylene wax has a stronger internal lubrication effect.
(2) Paraffin wax characteristics
Paraffin wax is a kind of hydrocarbon mixture extracted from certain distillates of petroleum, shale oil or other asphalt mineral oils. Its main components are solid alkanes, odorless and tasteless, and it is a white or yellowish translucent solid. Paraffin wax is non crystalline, but has a crystal structure of obvious fire resistant hydraulic oil, and there is also artificial paraffin wax. Paraffin wax is divided into food grade (food grade and packaging grade, the former is superior) and industrial grade. Food grade is non-toxic, and industrial grade is inedible.
2. Different application fields
(1) Main Applications of Polyethylene Wax
1) As a dispersant in the processing of color masterbatch, it is widely used in polyolefin color masterbatch and has excellent external and internal lubrication functions.
2) In PVC profiles, pipes, pipe fittings, PE PP is used as dispersant, lubricant and brightener during the molding process to enhance the degree of plasticization and improve the toughness and surface smoothness of plastic products.
3) It has good light resistance and chemical properties. It can be used as the carrier of pigments, improve the abrasion resistance of paints and inks, improve the dispersion of pigments and fillers, and has a good anti settling effect. It can be used as the matting agent of paints and inks, so that products have good luster and three-dimensional sense.
4) It is used as dispersant for all kinds of hot melt adhesives, thermosetting powder coatings, road marking paints, scribing paints, etc. It has good anti sedimentation effect and makes products have good luster and three-dimensional sense.
5) As a wax product, it is widely used in floor wax, car wax, glazing wax, etc.
(2) Application of paraffin
1) Coarse paraffin is mainly used for making matches, fiberboard, canvas, etc. due to its high oil content. When polyolefin additive is added to paraffin wax, its melting point increases, adhesion and flexibility increase, and it is widely used in the production of moisture-proof and waterproof packaging paper, cardboard, surface coating of some textiles and candles.
2) Fully refined paraffin and semi refined paraffin are widely used, mainly as components and packaging materials for food, oral medicine and some commodities (such as wax paper, crayons, candles, carbon paper), as well as coating materials for baking containers, for fruit preservation, insulation of electrical components, improvement of anti-aging resistance and flexibility of rubber, etc; It can also be used for oxidation to produce synthetic fatty acids.
Qingdao Sainuo Chemical Co.,Ltd. We are manufacturer for PE wax, PP wax, OPE wax, EVA wax, PEMA,EBS,Zinc/Calcium Stearate…. Our products have passed the REACH, ROHS, PAHS, FDA testing.
Sainuo rest assured wax, welcome your inquiry!
Adress：Room 2702,Block B, Suning Building, Jingkou Road, Licang District, Qingdao, China
Hello, please leave your name and email here before chat online so that we won't miss your message and contact you smoothly.